The purpose of this article is to provide tips on how to properly balance your CMMS Calendar, so that PM scheduling is evenly balanced, without having all PMs due on same day of week/month of year. This step is designed primarily for start-up operations that have not yet mapped their PM Instructions to Assets. In that startup scenario, it's best to follow the below steps in this guide to create the excel balancing sheet, prior to mapping PM Instructions. There is no right or wrong way to balance your calendar, as it's entirely up to individual customer/corporation, however the below steps will walk you through one method that has proven successful here in Spindle.
Create Template Excel
The simplest way to balance is to create (or export) an excel document with all of your Assets listed. See below steps.
- Create Excel Document with list of Assets (broken down by Plant Area).
- Create Columns - Month of Year, Week of Month and Day of Week.
- Fill in Columns with appropriate information.
NOTE: There is no right or wrong way to "balance" the calendar, as it's solely up to you and/or your corporation. For purposes of this, we will separate Assets out by Plant Location when balancing.
- Perform the same steps for the remaining Assets - shown below.
NOTE: Ultimately, however you choose to balance your Maintenance Calendar is up to you. This is just an example of how to use an excel document to assist with ensuring balancing is complete.
*Now the your PM Scheduling is balanced on this excel document, you can begin completing the PM Setup portion, using this as a guide to ensure scheduling is balanced up front, instead of having to go back and rebalance after PM Setup has been completed.*
Confirm Balancing using CMMS - Calendar
- Navigate to the CMMS - Calendar Page in SpindleLIVE by hovering over CMMS on the left side-bar navigation menu, then selecting Calendar.
- Ensure your CMMS Calendar is evenly spread out so that all PMs aren't due on same day of week / week of month.
NOTE: Below is an example of a POORLY balanced CMMS Calendar. Do not be like this plant!! :)
NOTE: Below is an example of a WELL balanced CMMS Calendar. Be like this plant!! :)