Admin / Manager functions at the Spindle Login Station (DLLS)
Although most Production Supervisors do not log into Spindle, it may be necessary at times for them to perform administrative functions, such as assigning a Pending Maintenance or Down for Maintenance status to Spindle equipment, and/or ending shift for employees who left for the day while still being logged into Spindle.
Switching between Worker Equipment and Maintenance Equipment
Administrators and Managers can switch between the Production and Maintenance view to perform functions detailed in this guide. For purposes of this guide, instructions are specific to Maintenance. For detailed instructions for production employee management, refer to https://support.spindlelive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050813731-Spindle-Login-Station-DLLS-Instructions
- To manage Production Employees, select the Worker Equipment
- To manage Maintenance Employees, select the Maintenance Equipment
Assigning an Individual or Multiple Maintenance Employees to a Status
- Have the Administrator or Manager scan their Spindle RFID Card, or enter their Spindle Primary Card ID number at the Spindle Login Station.
- Ensure that the Maintenance Equipment button is selected
- Select the area in which the Maintenance Employee(s) status needs to be changed, by touching on the appropriate area.
- Select the equipment in which the Maintenance Employee(s) status needs to be changed, by touching on the appropriate equipment image.
- Select the Manage button, as shown below.
- From this screen, Administrators and Managers have specific permissions to assign a Maintenance Employee, or multiple Maintenance Employees (if applicable) to Break, Lunch, Meeting, Other Area or End Shift.
- Select the Maintenance Employee(s) name.
- Select the appropriate Status to assign them to.
Assigning multiple Maintenance Employees by Area to a Status
- Select the area to Manage employee status
- Select Manage by touching on the button.
- Select the Spindle Equipment, or multiple pieces of Spindle Equipment, then select the Status to assign.
NOTE: This will assign all employees located within the selected area(s) to the selected status.
Administrators, Managers and Maintenance Employees can also view Spindle Equipment in a Pending or Down for Maintenance status, as shown below.
- Once logged into the Spindle Login Station, select the Pending/Down.
- View shown below.