Assignment to Equipment / Lane / Job Classification
The below step-by-step instructions will detail how an employee should use the Spindle Login Station (DLLS) to assign themselves to a specific job classification in Spindle.
- From the Spindle Login Station, have the employee scan their Spindle RFID card to access the station.
- If your facility is not using Spindle RFID cards, or the employee has lost their RFID card, they can access the login station manually, by selecting “Login” and keying in their unique Spindle number (assigned in Spindle Admin – Users)
- Key the employee’s Spindle “RFID Primary Card ID” number and select “OK”
- Once the card has been scanned, or the Spindle ID has been manually entered, the employee’s current status will show. See below.
- Next, the employee should select the area in which they are going to work. In this example, we will assume the employee is going to work on Ironer 1.
- Once the appropriate Area is selected, the employee will have access to all Equipment in that area, as shown below.
- Select the appropriate Equipment / Lane. For this example, we will use Ironer #1, lane 3.
- To change the Job Classification, have the employee touch the Equipment image.
- Have the employee touch the BLACK down arrow and select the appropriate job classification.
- Once the Employee has properly selected the appropriate Equipment / Lane / Job Classification, the last step is to touch “Exit” in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
NOTE: This locks the employee into that position.
Assigning Multiple employees to Job Classification
In specific scenarios in which multiple employees are working at the same piece of equipment, and on the same job classification, there is a feature at the Spindle login station that will allow one employee to change that job classification for all who are logged into the same piece of equipment.
- Have the employee scan their card, or use their Spindle ID to manually log into the login station.
- Touch the black arrow to access the list of job classifications
- Select the appropriate job classification
- Select “Assign All Lanes With Same Classification”
NOTE: This will change the job classification for all employees logged into this piece of equipment, so that each does not have to change their job classification individually
Assignment to Break / Lunch / Meeting / End Shift
Follow the below steps to have an employee assign themselves to Break, Lunch, Meeting, Other Area or End Shift.
- Scan Spindle RFID card, or enter Spindle Primary Card ID and select the appropriate status.
NOTE: Once the Break / Lunch / Meeting is over, have the employee follow the above “Assignment to Equipment / Lane / Job Classification” steps to assign themselves back to the appropriate job classification.
Moving from one Job Classification to another
When an employee is going to change a Job Classification, they DO NOT need to “log out” of the previous classification to assign themselves to the new classification. Simply have them follow the “Assignment to Equipment / Lane / Job Classification” steps above and the system will automatically log them out of the previous job classification once the new job classification has been selected.
Supervisor functions at the Spindle Login Station (DLLS)
Although most Production Supervisors do not log into Spindle, it may be necessary at times for them to perform Supervisor functions, such as ending shift for employees who left for the day while still being logged into Spindle. Those deemed as “Manager” or “Administrator” in Spindle Admin - Users have the ability to change an employee’s status.
NOTE: While Supervisors do have the ability to assign an employee to a Break, Lunch, Meeting, Other Area or End Shift status, they do not have the ability to move an employee from one area to another. This function will need to be done in Spindle Admin – Assign Users to Lanes.
Assigning an Individual Employee to a Status
- Have the Supervisor scan their Spindle RFID Card, or enter their Spindle Primary Card ID number at the Spindle Login Station.
- Select the employee to change their status by touching on their name, as shown below.
- From this screen, Supervisors have specific permissions to assign an Employee to Break, Lunch, Meeting, Other Area or End Shift.
Assigning multiple Employees by Equipment to a Status
- Select the Equipment by touching the Equipment image, as shown below.
- From the Equipment View, select “Manage”, located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select the employee or employees and assign the appropriate status by touching it on the screen.
Assigning multiple Employees by Area to a Status
- From the Area View, select “Manage” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select the equipment or multiple pieces of equipment and assign the appropriate status by touching it on the screen.
NOTE: This will assign the status to all employees logged into the selected equipment.
Assigning multiple Employees by Department to a Status
- From the Plant View, select “Manage” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select the department or departments and assign the appropriate status by touching it on the screen.
NOTE: This will assign the status to all employees logged into the selected department.