When employees show high efficiencies, typically over 120%, this could point to issues that need to be addressed in the facility. While we know tracking your employee efficiency is important, it is only as valuable as the actionable data you receive. These high efficiencies can artificially inflate your overall plant efficiency and remove the visibility from other opportunities within the facility.
Why could an employee have a high efficiency?
- The employee could be logged into the wrong classification with a lower standard.
- A piece of equipment is not capturing accurate data and giving excessive counts.
- The employee forgot to log into a manual task for the processing time, but counts were entered for the task.
- The employee is not following the proper SOP for processing a particular classification.
Address the issue
- Nothing beats walking the floor and coaching employees at that moment to address the issue head-on. Analyzing the Spindle Displays in your plant
- Review the Facility Health Page frequently to view those employees above your excessive threshold in the Recommended Actions portal. What is the Facility Health Page?
- If you missed it for the day, reviewing the analysis page can be a good retrospective tool. Training - Analysis