Following these steps, you can export a list for translations directly into Microsoft Excel using Spindle's Translation feature. Remember to explore the Language Translation Overview to understand the capabilities and available setup options better. Use this link if you're looking for the Direct Input option.
Decide on the translation setup method that suits your needs, whether utilizing machine translation, professional human translation, or a combination of both. Each approach has advantages and disadvantages, and you can choose based on factors like accuracy, cost, time constraints, and dialect. The Quick Navigation below is ordered as a checklist.
Access Spindle Admin
This section guides accessing Spindle Admin. I want to let you know that accessing Spindle Admin may vary across different facilities. Due to these variations, this article will not provide specific instructions on accessing Spindle Admin. However, we offer alternative support options if you have any problems.
Locate Spindle Admin Access:
Depending on your facility's setup, we will often place a shortcut on your desktop or as a favorite in the web browser of your choosing. Please look for any desktop icons or favorites provided by your on-site setup.
Seek Internal Guidance:
Please contact your internal resources for help if you need help accessing Spindle Admin. They can provide specific instructions tailored to your facility's setup and guide you through accessing Spindle Admin.
For password reset, you can consult your internal resource for inputting new hires into Spindle Admin. They can help you reset your password and gain access to Spindle Admin.
If you need help accessing Spindle admin, you can contact Spindle Support. You can utilize the Contact Us option in the Spindle Resource Center, accessible through the red question mark . If you prefer, you can also email Spindle Support at support@SpindleLIVE.com.
Verify Available Languages
Before starting, it is crucial to enable the required languages. This article provides a step-by-step guide on verifying & configuring language options in Spindle Admin. We support multiple languages, including Spanish, Tagalog, Haitian Creole, and Vietnamese. Following these instructions, you can verify and enable the necessary languages in Spindle Admin.
Follow the instructions provided in the previous section to access your Spindle Admin. Ensure you have the necessary credentials to log in successfully.
Once logged in, select Option 3, Translations. If you need help locating this option, contact Spindle Support and inform them that you cannot access Translations.
In the Translations section, select Option 1, Available Languages. This section displays a list of enabled & available languages.
Review the list of available languages. Any language displayed here is already enabled and ready for translation. To view languages that are currently disabled, place a checkmark in the Include Unavailable option. This action will update the list to show any languages with the Is Available column set to No.
Update the Is Available to Yes for the languages needed. Once the required languages are listed and enabled.
- Once you have verified that all the required languages are set to Yes, you can proceed to the next section. Alternatively, if you prefer to hide specific language options temporarily, you can change the Is Available setting to No. Remember, you can toggle the options back to Yes anytime.
Export the Information for Language Translations
Exporting data into Microsoft Excel provides a convenient way to manage translations. You can import the translations into Spindle Admin as often as needed. This allows for updates and adjustments to the translated content. Moreover, exporting translations to Excel enables you to provide translations outside Spindle Admin, without needing to grant or share access with anyone. This ensures privacy and security while still allowing you to collaborate with translators or stakeholders who may not have direct access to Spindle Admin. Excel's familiar interface and versatile features make it easy to work with the translations, review, edit, or share them as necessary. With this flexibility, you have full control over the translation process and can manage and incorporate changes into your system.
- If you immediately follow this step after verifying Available Languages, click on the "Translations" option under the Spindle logo. If you are returning later, log into Spindle Admin. Once logged in, you should see Option 3, "Translations." Click on this option. If you do not see this option, please contact Spindle Support. You can reach us through the Contact Us in the Spindle Resource Center Support by clicking the red question mark on www.SpindleLIVE.com or by emailing support@SpindleLIVE.com.
- Click on Option 2, "Translation Terms." This is where your Spindle Login Station will retrieve the translations from when your staff logs into the system.
- At the top of the page, you will find a couple of options that control the displayed data and exported information. The data you see on the page will be exported based on these options. Change the "Languages" drop-down box selection to the language you provide translations for.
- The next drop-down is for selecting Objects such as Areas, Classifications, Equipment, etc. If you have chosen to provide translations for everything in the Login Station, you can skip to the next step. However, if you have chosen to only provide translations for specific objects like Areas and Classifications, at this time, you will need to select the object.
- Click "Export to Excel." This will allow you to save the translations as an Excel file. Follow the usual process for saving files on your computer.
- By following these steps, you can export all or a selected set based on your preferences and needs.
Opening the Exported File in Excel
When you open the file, you will find the same information as in Spindle Admin. However, it's crucial to be aware of some important points to avoid any delays in the process. In the Excel file, the only column you should edit is the "Translation Label" column. This is where you input the translations for each Object Label. Remember, you only need to translate the Object Labels you want, and you are not required to provide translations for everything. The choice is yours! However, please note that the default English translation will be used for any Object Labels without provided translations.
If you have any questions during the process, please don't hesitate to contact Spindle Support. You can reach us through the Contact Us in the Spindle Resource Center Support by clicking the red question mark on www.SpindleLIVE.com or by emailing support@SpindleLIVE.com.
WARNING: It is essential not to edit the data in the Language, Table Object, or Object Label columns. Modifying these columns will prevent the import from functioning correctly and cause delays in the process. For each language you want to translate, you need to download a separate file dedicated to that specific language. Unfortunately, there are no exceptions to this process. If any changes are made to these columns, Spindle Support may be unable to correct the file.
Import the Excel File
You can import translations into Spindle Admin as frequently as needed, allowing for updates and adjustments to the translated terms. If you make live edits, remember to export an updated Excel file. Importing the translations is as easy as exporting the data. Simply log into Admin, and select Option 3, Translations, and Option 2, Translation Terms. Then, click on "Import from Excel," choose the file containing your translations, and select "Upload Excel." A status message will confirm the successful upload.
- Log into Admin using your credentials.
- Select Option 3, Translations, from the available options.
- In the subsequent menu, choose Option 2, Translation Terms.
- Look for the Import from Excel button and click on it.
- A dialog box will appear with an option to Choose File. Click on this option to browse your computer's files and select the Excel file containing your translations.
- Once you select the file, click the Upload Excel button to initiate the import process.
Spindle Admin will process the uploaded information, and a status message will be displayed at the top of the page, confirming the success of the import.
Configure Staff Language Defaults
The next step is to ensure that Spindle users are assigned the appropriate language preferences. There are two places in Spindle Admin where you can set the user language: the Language Translation area and the Users section. For this process, we will focus on the Language Translation area. So that you know, language defaults will only be applied after a successful login.
Log into Spindle Admin and select Option 3, Translations.
In the Language Translation area, click Option 3, User Languages. Here, you will find a list of your Spindle users. So that you know, you may see staff members who are no longer with your organization. Removing them for this process is unnecessary, but instructions for clearing user accounts can be found in the Related Links section below.
Using the search box, you can search for staff members. Alternatively, you can scroll through the list page by page. Please pay attention to the numbers below the search box, which shows the number of pages with users. You'll need to go to each page to complete the setup.
Click Edit next to their name to configure a user's language preference. You will be able to change their language selection in the corresponding field. Please take a look at the image below for guidance.
- Navigate through each page of the user list, updating the language preferences for each staff member.