Quick Maintenance is designed for production staff, leads, and management to allow clearing product jams, replacing bags on the bagger, or other quick maintenance items. It is not intended for usage by your Maintenance Team. Quick Maintenance has a 2-minute time limit*, and after these 2 minutes, Spindle will place the equipment back into normal operations. You can not extend these 2-minutes without initiating another Quick Maintenance cycle.
*TIP: By default, Spindle will have Quick Maintenance set to 2-minutes. To change this time limit, don't hesitate to contact Spindle Support either from the red question mark on www.SpindleLIVE.com or by emailing support@SpindleLIVE.com.
NOTE: Quick Maintenance is only available on equipment configured for Maintenance in Spindle. If you do not see Quick Maintenance available on equipment, don't hesitate to contact Spindle Support either from the red question mark on www.SpindleLIVE.com or by emailing support@SpindleLIVE.com.
Here is a video demonstration of Quick Maintenance, and below the video is the written instructions.
|Table of Contents:(Click on any of these links to jump to that section below)|
|How to place equipment into Quick Maintenance?|
|What happens to classification standards during Quick Maintenance?|
|How does data appear in SpindleLIVE reporting?|
How to place equipment into Quick Maintenance?
- From your Spindle Login Station, access the equipment needing Quick Maintenance.
- Tap the equipment picture icon.
- Next, tap on the Quick Maintenance button.
- You'll notice that the word Quick Maintenance changes to Complete indicating you are in Quick Maintenance Mode. In addition, all lanes will turn red, and your Spindle Production Display will show a red X over all lanes.
NOTE: As stated earlier, Quick Maintenance is limited to 2 minutes. If you want to complete Quick Maintenance before these 2 minutes, press Complete.
NOTE: In addition, communication with your Login Station, Spindle Production Display, and Spindle Server can take up to 1 minute. Do not wait for your Spindle Production Display to return to normal operations. As doing so will leave Production Staff accountable to their classification standards.
What happens to classification standards during Quick Maintenance?
Once Quick Maintenance is initiated and the lanes have turned red, Production Staff will are not held to classification standards during these 2-minutes. Communication with your Login Station, Spindle Production Display, and Spindle server can take up to 1 minute. Please do not wait for your Spindle Production Display to return to normal operations, as doing so will leave Production Staff accountable to their classification standards. Once the equipment lanes on the Login Station have reverted from red to their usual color, classification standards have started.
How does data appear in SpindleLIVE reporting?
SpindleLIVE will track Quick Maintenance and offer you additional details such as the equipment, date, time, and the Production Staff member who initiated Quick Maintenance. Reviewing this data to ensure no one abuses Quick Maintenance or does not cover up actual maintenance issues with equipment is recommended. Here we will discuss how to view the data in SpindleLIVE.
- Log into www.SpindleLIVE.com with your user name and password as usual.
- Click the Maintenance icon on the far left navigation bar, then click Analysis.
- Once at the Equipment Utilization Analysis page, we will need to select our date range, change the View By filter to Reason, then select the green play button to refresh our report results.
- Once the results display, you can review all the Reason codes for maintenance performed. If any Quick Maintenance is performed during your date range selected will be seen in the results. Click any of the plus signs next to any Reason code to expand for further details.
- The report will show which equipment maintenance was performed, including the date, time, and the Production Staff member who initiated Quick Maintenance. Clicking on any equipment names will open the Equipment Utilization - Equipment Page.