Analyzing the Displays in your plant
As a “best practice”, supervisors should use the real-time feedback provided via the Spindle Displays to manage equipment maintenance statuses throughout the facility. Below are the different views available to be shown on the SpindlePRO Displays.
NOTE: Some of the below views may not be shown in your facility. If you see a view that you would like to have displayed in your facility, please contact Spindle Support at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or your CSM.
Production Alert Display – Pending Maintenance
The Production Alert Display will show a YELLOW X when a piece of Spindle equipment is in Pending Maintenance. This is to alert supervisors and maintenance personnel that the equipment is awaiting maintenance.
Production Alert Display – Down for Maintenance
The Production Alert Display will show a RED X when a piece of Spindle equipment is in Down for Maintenance. This is to alert supervisors and maintenance personnel that the equipment is awaiting maintenance.
The Maintenance Dashboard provides real-time feedback, which displays equipment in Pending or Down status and is typically displayed in the maintenance shop and/or in a centralized area in the facility, visible to all key personnel.
- YELLOW (Top half of screen) = Equipment in Pending Maintenance status
- RED (Bottom half of screen) = Equipment in Down for Maintenance status
- Time in Status = The amount of time the equipment has been in the status
- Assigned = The name of the maintenance worker currently logged into the piece of equipment
The Equipment Throughput display provides real-time feedback comparing the number of pieces processed with the number of pieces that made it through the equipment successfully. This is a great tool in understanding the amount of “drops” or “jams” happening on an individual piece of equipment
- GREEN, YELLOW or RED (Center of screen) = Equipment Throughput efficiency (pieces in / pieces out)
- Lost: (Top portion of screen) = Number of pieces “Lost” (pieces in - pieces out)
- In: (Bottom left of screen) = Number of pieces that went in
- Out: (Bottom right of screen) = Number of pieces that went out
- Equipment = The name of the Spindle Equipment being displayed
The Equipment Alerts display provides real-time feedback used in determining equipment utilization (and vacancies), as well as productivity. Productivity indicators represent the 5 minute rolling average of the current production employee logged in. This Display can also be broken down by Lane.
- Equipment Description: (Left portion of display) = Equipment Description
- GREEN, YELLOW, RED or GRAY (Middle Right portion of display) = Productivity
- GREEN = Indicates Employees currently logged in and greater than 95% productivity
- YELLOW = Indicates Employees currently logged in and between 91% - 95% productivity
- RED = Indicates Employees currently logged in and at or below 90% productivity
- GRAY = Indicates vacant lanes
- If there is an X through the lane identifier, this indicates that the equipment/lane is either in a Pending or Down for Maintenance status
- ORANGE = Pending Maintenance
- RED = Down for Maintenance
Maintenance Scheduled Multiple Dashboard
The Scheduled Maintenance Dashboard displays all Preventive Maintenance Tasks and Work Orders scheduled, in progress or overdue for the current day, but can also be configured to display the above by week, vice day.
- Asset = Equipment Description
- NOTE: RED in the Asset Description indicates that the task is overdue
- Maintenance Description = Scheduled Maintenance Description and Frequency (i.e. Annual, Semi-Annual, Quarterly, Monthly, Weekly, Daily)
- Time Required = Time Required to fully complete the task
- Time Logged = Time actually logged into the task
- Assigned = Maintenance Employee Assigned the task (if applicable)
- Logged In = Maintenance Employee currently logged into the task
Equipment Alerts by Lane
The Display provides Production and Maintenance leadership with a quick snapshot of occupied equipment, broken down by lane.
- GRAY = Vacant Lane
- RED = Occupied Lane with 5 minute rolling average productivity <91%
- YELLOW = Occupied Lane with 5 minute rolling average productivity between 91% - 95%
- GREEN = Occupied Lane with 5 minute rolling average productivity >95%
- YELLOW X indicator = Lane in Pending Maintenance status
- RED X indicator = Lane in Down for Maintenance status