Assign Users to lanes
Below are the steps to take in order to administratively assign a Spindle user to a status such as “End Shift, Break, Lunch, Meeting or Other Area, as well as assignment to an Area /Equipment / Lane / Classification.
NOTE: Spindle highly recommends that this function only be used when an employee has forgotten to “End Shift” and is currently logged into a Break, Lunch, Meeting or Other Area Status.
- Log into Spindle Admin to see the below view:
- Select “Assign Users to lanes”
- Use one of the below filters to find the employee that needs to have their status updated:
- Type last name in the search filter and select “Search”
- Click on one of the column headers (First Name, Last Name, Area Name, Equip Name, Lane #, Classification Name, User Status, Maintenance Status)
- NOTE: This just allows Supervisors the ability to quickly find the employee they’re looking for.
- Once the employee has been identified, click on their name to highlight the column BLUE.
- Click “Edit Status” to move an employee into a status such as End Shift, Break, Lunch, Meeting or Other Area.
- Using the Drop-Down arrow under “User Status”, select the appropriate status to assign to the employee.
- Then select “Update” to complete the assignment.
- Click “Edit Lane” to move the employee from one area into another.
NOTE: Spindle highly recommends that this function only be used in rare circumstances in which Supervisors do not have time to “coach” employees on proper login. The habit of Supervisors administratively moving employees in Spindle typically leads to employees relying on Supervisors to do this, thus creating additional unnecessary administrative time for Supervisors.
- Use the Drop-Down arrows for Area Name, Equipment Name, Lane #, and Classification name to assign the employee to the appropriate Equipment / Lane / Classification.
- Once completed, select “Update” to complete the assignment.