Management should use the real-time feedback provided via the Spindle Production Displays to manage production efficiencies throughout the plant. Spindle aggregates new data every 60 seconds; thus, the Spindle Production Displays will update as this new data is collected. Below are the different views available to be shown on the Spindle Displays. Many options can be combined to be displayed and set to be displayed for a specific time, usually in seconds.
|Note: Some views may not be shown in your facility. If you see a view you like displayed in your facility, please get in touch with Spindle Support or your Customer Success Manager. Spindle Support can be reached from the red question mark on www.SpindleLIVE.com or email support@SpindleLIVE.com.
Production Alert Display
The Production Alert Display is shown on all Spindle Displays throughout your facility. This real-time display updates every 60 seconds as new data is collected. Below is a breakdown of each of the different components within this display.
When we look at Lane 3, Doe, Jon is classified as working on Bath Towels. The classification standards for Bath Towels are set to 500 pieces an hour, and Jon's efficiency is currently 89%. Taking the target of 500 and multiplying by 0.89 indicates Jon handles 445 pieces an hour (55 more pieces an hour to reach 100%).
- Top Center of the Screen: Employee's name and the current Classification they're logged into.
- Top Left of the Screen: The lane number that the employee is logged into
- Large Center Percentage Graphic: Employee's 5-minute rolling average is updated every 60 seconds.
- Small Bottom Right Corner Percentage Graphic: Employee's daily efficiency in the bottom right corner of the screen. The percentage here encompasses all classifications worked for the day to provide daily efficiency.
- Bottom Center of the Screen: Equipment that the employee is logged into.
|Note: In certain circumstances or at your request, the large and small percentage graphics may be reversed. Consult with your Customer Success Manager for clarification on your plant setup. For example, some Soil Departments operate with Cart Dumps onto the Soil Belt and will often have this reversed.
Need Login Alert on Spindle Displays
The Need Login alert on Lane 6 will display when Spindle collects NA Counts. NA Counts are counts being collected by Spindle but not applied to an employee because no one is logged into the Equipment and Lane where those counts are being collected. NA counts received as a result will impact your Facility Health Score. For more information on Facility Health Score, please see What is the Facility Health Page.
Excessive Time in Status Alert
The Excessive Time alert shown on the Spindle Production Displays will alert when an employee is in a break, lunch, meeting, or other area status above what they're allotted. Excessive Time alerts begin based on your Spindle settings. For example, Spindle may be configured to alert once your employee has exceeded their allotted time by 2 minutes. Excessive time impacts your Facility Health Score. For more information on Facility Health Score, please see What is the Facility Health Page.
Department Production Alert
The Department Production Alert displays the overall Department efficiency, factoring in all employees that worked in that department for the current day.
- Top Center of the Screen: Displays the overall department efficiency for the current day.
- Large Center Percentage Graphic: Department's 5-minute rolling average is updated every 60 seconds.
- Small Bottom Left Corner Hours: Displays the current day's total hours spent in that department.
- Small Bottom Right Corner Percentage: Displays the percentage of your total hours spent in that department for the current day. The % Hrs is an excellent tool to gauge how the department is doing if you know the percentage of hours needed to complete the day's work. Based on past data available in SpindleLIVE, you could determine the average % of hours spent in each department.
Team Counts Production Alert
The Team Counts Production Alert displays the overall Team efficiency for a specific Department or Area.
- Top Middle Center of the Screen: Here, you will find the Team name either made up of several classifications and, in some cases, very few to possibly 1.
- Top Left of the Screen: Actual counts being processed per hour. Sometimes, the counts can be from napkins or bar towels. And in Wash Load, it would be based on Washfloor poundage.
- Top Right of the Screen: Target Pieces per hour that the Team based on the Classification Standards.
- Center of the Screen (Large Graphic with efficiency): Team efficiency.
Tip: In the below image for Garment Sort. If you take the 792 and divide that by our target, we reach 88% efficiency.
- Bottom Left of the Screen: Total pieces produced by the Team for the day.
- Bottom Right of the Screen: Total hours logged by the Team for the day.
Tip: In the below image for Wash Load. If you take the 24,192lbs and divide that by the Actual/Hr of 4,608, we come to 5.25 hours which equates to 5 hours and 15 minutes, as shown.
- Bottom Center of the Screen: The name of the Team Equipment.
The Productivity Leaderboard displays the daily, weekly, and quarterly efficiency of all employees in the plant. This display is typically set up in the break room at most facilities. The display can be configured to sort by last name, daily efficiency, and weekly or quarterly efficiency. You can contact your Customer Success Manager or Spindle Support red question mark on www.SpindleLIVE.comor email support@SpindleLIVE.com.
- Left Side of the Screen: Employee's name
- This Week: Employee efficiencies are broken down by day of the week for all classifications worked for the given day.
- Quarter: Employee efficiencies are broken down by week of the quarter for all classifications worked for each of the 13 weeks of the quarter.
- All: Employee efficiencies for the entire quarter for all classifications worked.
The Classification Counts display shows the daily total production pieces by classification.
- Top Center of the Screen: Employee name and the Classification they are logged into.
- Top Left of the Screen: The lane number the employee is logged into.
- Center of the Screen: Total pieces produced for the day for that Classification. Counts will reset when the classification is changed.
- Bottom Center of the Screen: The equipment that the employee is logged into.
The Work Timer display shows the current time spent in a specific Classification. This is primarily used in non-standard areas where Spindle is not capturing a piece count for efficiency but rather only capturing the amount of time spent in a Classification.
- Top Center of the Screen: Employee's name and the Job Classification they are logged into
- Top Left of the Screen: The lane number that the employee is logged into
- Center of the Screen: Time spent in a specific Job Classification
- Bottom Center of the Screen: The equipment that the employee is logged into
Lane Productivity By Minute
The Lane Productivity By Minute display shows the production efficiency by the minute for a piece of equipment broken down by lane.
- Top Center of the Screen: Equipment Name and Lane Number.
- Left Side of the Screen: Efficiency from 0% to 200%.
- Center of the Screen: Efficiency graph broken down by the minute shaded by color based on their efficiency.
- Bottom of the Screen: Minutes of the hour in 5-minute increments.
- Bottom Right of the Screen: Overall Efficiency of that Lane for the day.
The Message display allows plants to display any message (Safety, etc.) on any Spindle Displays in the plant. To add a message of your choice to any of your Spindle Production Displays, please contact your Customer Success Manager or Spindle Support from the red question mark on www.SpindleLIVE.com or email support@SpindleLIVE.com.
The time will display when employees are logged in for the specified amount of time configured in Spindle Admin. When no one is logged in, this display will show continuously.
NOTE: It is necessary to display the time to prevent screen burn-in.