If you have admin access in Spindle Admin you have the ability to add user accounts in Spindle Admin.
To add user accounts first click on users.
Then click Add and add the pertinent information for the user.
To add a user account follow the steps below.
- The User Type will in most cases be a worker for the typical employee. If the user requires management or administrator access, choose the User Type that matches that employee's leadership role. Please note “Administrator” access will allow the employee to see & modify sensitive data.
- Select a shift number and shift group code if applicable.
- Fill in the First name and Last name column.
- “User Name” will be the employees’ first initial and last name, the password column will not be used unless “User Type” is set to Manager or Administrator.
- "Department" Please select the appropriate department if applicable
- Include in Reporting/Metrics "Yes" this is to ensure the employee will show on all reporting and metrics.
- The “Ext Employee ID” and “ChemWatch Employee ID” fields are Optional. These fields are used if the employee has a plant-specific number designated from a third-party system, these fields can enable you to import data into Spindle per user from Spindle-approved systems.
- Enter the RFID Primary card ID, on the RFID Card you will be issuing to your employee, there will be a 5 digit number enter that number such as 12345, enter that number here. Keep in mind if the card number has a leading 0 such as 02345 disregard the leading 0 and enter the trailing 4 digits, for this example you would enter 2345 rather than 02345.
- The Discount PCT allows you to set an employee's percentage of the target to their ability. For example, if the user is new and is only responsible for 80% of the target, enter 0.8 in this field, now when the user reaches an actual count equal to 80% they will show they have 100% efficiency. In nearly all cases, however, this field will be set to 1.00.
- The “Red Alert” and “Yellow Alert” control the thresholds for when the stoplights change from green to yellow to red. These are nearly always set to the current plant standards and no change is needed here.
- Once finished entering the user information, click Save