If you have access to the Spindle Server on your Corporate local network you can add a shortcut to Spindle Admin on your desktop. To add a shortcut to access Spindle Admin on your desktop, please follow the below steps.
Important Items to remember when creating shortcuts from your PC/Laptop
- Access to the server from your PC/Laptop is at the discretion or your IT Department. In most cases access to the Spindle server over the plant network is only available while you are in the plant and may not be available over any VPN connection to the plant from offsite locations.
- Most server IP addresses are DHCP also referred to as Dynamic. This means the IP address listed in the link below is subject to change a the discretion or your IT Department.
1. Right click on the desktop and click on New then click on Shortcut
2. After clicking on Shortcut a new window will open, enter the URL http://"server ip"/spindleadmin (support can provide the "Server IP" if needed) or https://secure.spindlelive.com/ for SpindleLive then click next.
3. Next enter Spindle Admin as the name of the Shortcut. If you are creating shortcuts for multiple locations on your desktop add the locations name at the end. (ex. Spindle Admin – Location) Then click Finish