What is the Facility Page?
The Facility page provides a high-level overview of how your plant is operating in real-time. If you check this page for a few minutes every 2 hours, you will achieve the best results!
Why is the Facility Page Important?
Utilize the Facility Page to identify where your time would be best spent. In just a couple of minutes, this page will help you answer the following questions:
- Are your employees logged into Spindle?
- Which employees have logged excessive time in Break or Lunch?
- Which department has the most opportunity today?
- Are my standards correct and is the equipment working properly?
- Which employees need coaching?
What makes up the Facility Page?
Alerts will identify any issues that may need your attention, specifically focusing on those with active alerts (learn more about Spindle alerts).
- Needs Login – the equipment and lane where counts have not been assigned to an employee.
- Excessive Break and Lunch – the amount of excessive time the employee spent in either break or lunch for the day.
- End Shift Notification – the amount of time the employee logged for the day. This alert will populate if employees have worked <7.5 hours or >9 hours.
The Facility Overview allows you to review and focus on the area with the most opportunity. As a Plant Manager, you might have a limited amount of time to go on the production floor. Focusing on opportunity cost will guide you to the department that is costing your plant the most money. Then, decide what actions need to happen next.
- You can drill into the departments that has the largest opportunity cost and/or the lowest efficiency.
The Outliers area will help you identify which employees are below standards and which have high efficiency. Each corporation can set the range for its Outliers. For employees with low efficiency, we recommend setting hourly goals. When an employee has a high efficiency, this could indicate a couple of things; the employee is logged into the wrong classification with a lower standard, the equipment is not receiving accurate data, or the employee is manipulating data.
- Coach any employees that are legitimately outliers.
Best practices for using the Facility Page
Spindle has put together a SOP for you by role. As stated above, using this page for a couple of minutes every 2 hours can increase your plants performance.
Plant Manager /Production Manager
- Ensure that all employees are logged into Spindle at the beginning of the shift.
- Spot check after every Break and Lunch to ensure all employees are logged out of these statuses.
- Use the Department Opportunity Cost to guide through the plant to increase overall performance.
- Use the Employee efficiencies to coach employees by setting achievable hourly goals.
- Review any employee with extremely high efficiency
- Ensure that your department employees are all logged into Spindle and in the right classification.
- Use the Department Opportunity Cost to coach the employees that are performing below the standard.
- Set achievable and realistic hourly goals. Then, follow up with a coaching of their performance based off that hourly goal.
- Make sure that all employees are back from Break and Lunch and logged in correctly.